Okana Community faces several health challenges. Being a rural community, health awareness is low and health facilities are far away and deficient. SRI focuses on awareness creation on health and preventive interventions. The health programs are on:
- Awareness creation, advocacy and public health campaigns
- Nutrition and lifestyle diseases
- Maternal health
- Physical education and sports
- Adolescents health
- Community dialogues and health resources
Community Dialogues and Health Resources
We have a organizaed …..
Maternal & Reproductive Health
We have programs for young mothers and ….
Nutrition and Lifestyle
We encourage the community to embrace natural foods through our farm produce and advocacy programs.
We have engaged with the community by;
- Mapping of community health needs
- Community water testing done
- Capacity enhancement for community health workers
- Collaborations with County Government and other organizations
- Community response to COVID 19.
- Distribution of bicycles to community health workers
- Advocacy and awareness programs
- Survey on WASH conducted
- Commemoration of UHC Day, World contraception Day, World Aids Day, 16 Days of Activism Against GBV
- Conducting HIV/AIDS self-test kits for men